Founded in 1912, East Tennessee REALTORS® has served the real estate interests of our members and the public for over 100 years. More than 5,000 REALTORS® hold active membership in the Association, specializing in every aspect of the real estate industry, including residential, commercial, property management, and appraisal services. Members of East Tennessee REALTORS® are also members of our state association (Tennessee REALTORS®) and the National Association of REALTORS®. Our membership is also comprised of more than 150 individuals associated with affiliated area industries, including mortgage banking, property inspection, title and closing services, and insurance.
Association Mission and Value Statements
The purpose of East Tennessee REALTORS® is to unite and serve its members and to enhance the ability and opportunity of its members to conduct their business ethically, professionally, and successfully and to promote the preservation of the right to own, transfer and use real property.
1912 - The Real Estate Board of Knoxville chartered by the National Association of Real Estate Boards was founded.
1941 - The name was changed to Knoxville Board of Realtors
1991 - The name was changed to Knoxville Association of Realtors to reflect that the association is comprised of individuals who voluntarily enter into an agreement to accomplish a purpose.
2003 - The association name was updated to Knoxville Area Association of REALTORS® to reflect the merger with the Anderson County Board of REALTORS® and the Cumberland County Association of REALTORS®.
2023 - The name was changed to East Tennessee REALTORS® to better represent the 12 county region the Association represents.
East Tennessee Realtors Territorial Jurisdiction
East Tennessee REALTORS® consists of 12 counties:
Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Cumberland, Fentress, Knox, Loudon, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, and Union